New Data suggest TikTok is the best app for businesses. TikTok is helping businesses gain more return on investment by providing a platform for high engagement with users. The platform has a median engagement rate of 5.69%, compared to Facebook’s 0.06%, Instagram’s 0.47%, and Twitter’s 0.035%, according to a report by Rival IQ. As recent tech layoffs limit resources put toward social media marketing, brands should focus on the platforms where they’ll get the highest returns on their efforts, and right now, that platform is TikTok. By creating engaging and creative content that resonates with users, businesses can increase their brand awareness and reach new audiences. Additionally, TikTok’s advertising platform offers a range of targeting options, such as age, location, and interests, allowing businesses to reach their desired audience more effectively. Overall, TikTok’s high engagement rates and targeted advertising options make it a valuable platform for businesses looking to gain more return on investment.
The data from the Rival IQ report clearly shows that TikTok is the best app for brand engagement. With the highest median engagement rate of 5.69%, it outperforms Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This means that brands have a better chance of reaching their target audience and generating interest in their products or services on TikTok. As recent tech layoffs limit resources put toward social media marketing, it’s important for brands to focus on platforms where they’ll get the highest returns on their efforts, and right now, that platform is TikTok.
Although Instagram engagement has been declining for the past three years, the report highlights that Reels are a bright spot for the app. Reels outperformed photo posts in every engagement metric except for comments, which were only ahead by a margin of 2%. This suggests that brands should post Reels on Instagram to improve their engagement rates.
Higher-education brands like colleges and universities consistently ranked highly in terms of engagement. They understand how to reach their target audience by employing current students to help with their social media presence. Sports teams also scored high engagement rates on Instagram and TikTok and had the highest engagement rates on Twitter and Facebook. Brands that posted more frequently on Twitter, such as sports teams and colleges, saw stronger engagement rates from the platform.
Finally, the report shows that posting frequency by brands on Twitter and Facebook declined by around 20% from 2021 to 2022. This could be because brands were focusing more on videos for TikTok and Instagram, which can take more time to produce than static content. This suggests that brands should be strategic about their social media posting and focus on platforms where they can get the highest engagement rates.
- TikTok had the highest median engagement rate across industries.
- Brands are getting higher engagement on TikTok than on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Instagram engagement is down, but Reels are a bright spot.
- Higher-education brands consistently rank highly in terms of engagement on social media.
- Sports teams scored the second-highest engagement on Instagram and TikTok, while also having the highest engagement rates across Twitter and Facebook.
- Posting frequency by brands on Twitter and Facebook declined by around 20% from 2021 to 2022.
- Brands should focus on the platforms where they’ll get the highest returns on their efforts.
- In order to be competitive on Twitter, brands often have to put in much more effort than they do on other platforms.
- A high posting frequency does not always lead to high engagement.
Overall, the data from the Rival IQ report clearly shows that TikTok is the best app for brand engagement. Brands should focus on creating engaging content for TikTok to reach their target audience and generate interest in their products or services.