The Best Gaming Motherboard for 2023
We have shortlisted top 5 motherboards that are ideal for gaming and high impact computing needs.
A motherboard is the main circuit board in a computer that houses and connects the main components of the system, including the central processing unit (CPU), memory (RAM), storage (e.g., hard drive or solid-state drive), and peripheral devices. The motherboard provides the connections between these components, allowing them to communicate with each other. It also contains the basic input/output system (BIOS), which is responsible for booting up the computer and managing low-level system functions. The motherboard is an essential component of a computer, as it serves as the foundation for all other components to work together.
When When it comes to gaming, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer as to which motherboard brand is the best. However, some popular choices among gamers include ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte Technology. These brands offer a range of gaming motherboards that are optimized for high performance and stability, and are equipped with features such as high-end audio, fast networking, and ample room for expansion.
Here are top 5 motherboards for gaming
1. ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme(WiFi 6E) Socket AM5(LGA 1718) Ryzen 7000 EATX Gaming Motherboard(20+2 Power Stages, PCIe® 5.0, DDR5, 5xM.2 Slots,USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Front-Panel,USB4™ Ports,Anime Matrix)
Key Features: Our Favorite
- AMD Socket AM5(LGA 1718) for AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop Processors
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Cooling II, AI Networking, and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation for easy configuration.
- Robust Power Solution: 20 + 2 teamed power stages rated for 110 A, MicroFine alloy chokes, premium metallic capacitors, and ProCool II power connectors.
- Optimized Thermal Design: Large VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, ROG GEN-Z.2, high-conductivity thermal pad, five M.2 heatsinks, and dual M.2 with embedded backplates, and ROG Water-Cooling Zone.
- High-Performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E, Marvell AQtion 10Gb, Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard.
2. ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme(WiFi 6E)LGA 1700(Intel 12th Gen)EATX gaming motherboard(PCIe5.0,DDR5,24+1 power stages,5x M.2,PCIe 5.0 M.2,10Gb&2.5GbLAN,2xThunderbolt 4,PCIe 5.0 Hyper M.2 card bundled)
Key Features: Amazing Performance
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel Core processors and Windows 11, support PCIe 5.0 and DDR5
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation for easy configuration
- Robust Power Solution: 24+1 teamed power stages rated for 105 A, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and premium metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Cold forged heatsink, enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, penta M.2 heatsinks and dual with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High Performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E, Marvell AQtion 10Gb, Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard
3. ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA1700(Intel 12th Gen) ATX Gaming Motherboard(PCIe 5.0,DDR5,16+1 Power Stages,2.5Gb LAN,BT v5.2,Thunderbolt 4,4xM.2,Front Panel USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C Connector)
Key Features: Best Value
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel Core processors, support PCIe 5.0,DDR5 and out of box Windows 11 ready.Audio: ALC4080 + Savitech SV3H712 AMP
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking(GameFirst VI) and AI noise cancellation
- Robust Power Solution: 16+1 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, double-sided M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board WiFi 6E and Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
4. Intel Core i9-13900K Desktop Processor & ASUS ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming WiFi D4 LGA1700(Intel®13th&12th Gen) ATX Gaming Motherboard
- 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) and 32 threads. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 770 included
- Performance hybrid architecture integrates two core microarchitectures, prioritizing and distributing workloads to optimize performance
- Up to 5.8 GHz unlocked. 36M Cache
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 13th Gen Intel Core processors & 12th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors
- Robust Power Solution: 16 + 1 power solution rated for 70A per stage with dual ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes, and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized VRM Thermals: Massive heatsinks with integrated I/O cover and high-conductivity thermal pads.
5. Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread AM4 Unlocked Desktop Processor with ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (WI-FI) PCIe 4.0 Dual M.2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Gaming Motherboard Bundle
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X with 8 Cores and 16 procesing threads cpu processor,Cooler not included,Can deliver elite 100-plus FPS performance,OS Support-Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- 4.7 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support,For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
- AMD AM4 X570 ATX gaming motherboard with PCIe 4.0, dual M.2, Wi-Fi, 14 Dr. MOS power stages, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A /Type-C and Realtek S1200A Codec,Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Ready for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series/ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series/ 3000 G-Series/ 2000 Series/ 2000 G-Series desktop processors,Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Enhanced Power Solution: 12+2 Dr. MOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability,Comprehensive Cooling: Active chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
In general, for a gaming build, to find best motherboard for gaming, it’s important to look for a motherboard that supports the latest technology, has sufficient space for multiple graphics cards (if you plan on using a multi-GPU setup), and has enough room for additional storage and memory upgrades. It’s also a good idea to choose a motherboard that is compatible with the latest CPU socket from Intel or AMD, as this will ensure future upgradability.
It’s recommended to do some research and read reviews of specific models before making a final decision, as this will help you make an informed choice based on your budget, performance needs, and other preferences.